PRAYERS DURING PANDEMIC
Prayers During the Pandemic
The Sisters of St. Joseph of Boston are committed to being a presence to you, our Dear Neighbors, during these days of the COVID-19 pandemic. Although this health crisis has closed our physical spaces, we continue to offer virtual hospitality in a variety of ways. Our ministries continue to reach out via email, Zoom video conferencing and phone calls to let others know the resources available for food, health care and more. We have also taken measures in keeping with the request of our governor to assure that our senior sisters remain well and cared for. Desiring to provide a space of hope and the opportunity for reflection, we are providing this virtual space of prayer resources that have been shared with us by religious congregations throughout the country. We will update this as new content becomes available.
Leadership Conference of Women Religious Weekly Prayers and Resources
Our call as women religious in these times includes intentionally being attentive to the deeper invitations to us as a society that this global crisis is raising. To assist with this, each Monday throughout the crisis, we plan to post a simple reflection that can be used by individuals and/or groups.
Check in each Monday for a new prayer
LCWR: Collective Reflection on the Transformation to Which We Are Being Called
General Prayer Resources
Pandemic inspires Father Joncas to compose hymn ‘Shelter Me’
- Titled “Shelter Me,” this hymn was inspired by the novel coronavirus pandemic and aims to provide comfort and hope. Read the full article about how Michael Joncas was inspired to make this prayer widely available.
Pentecost in the Pandemic: A Contemporary Sequence
Come, Holy Spirit,
come, Spirit of God,
come with your peace, your power, your light.
Come with forgiveness, courage and hope.
Come now to our suffering world,/ick with a killing virus
and everywhere threatened with silent death,
but most cruelly among your poorest children.
For the full version visit: A Prayer for Pentecost in the Pandemic at America Media
- In the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic, 300 people from 15 different countries came together to participate in a virtual rendition of the beautiful song “You’ll Never Walk Alone” from the Rodgers and Hammerstein musical, Carousel. Please share this video to help spread a little hope during this time!
- The Sisters of St. Joseph of Baden, PA, have also invited others to join them in prayer during the coronavirus pandemic. They, too, have compiled a selection of prayers written by their Sisters and others
Daily Examen: A Guided Prayer for Times Such as These
Pope Francis calls on Christians worldwide to combat coronavirus pandemic with midday prayer on March 25
Prayer During a Pandemic by Sr. Chris Koellhoffer, IHM
Prayer for Conscience and Courage
Prayer from the CSSJ Federation JPIC Contemplative Prayer and Dialogue Group
100 Days of Prayer – From Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange, CA May 10-August 17, 2020
- Thank you for being part of this global prayer community in 2020. Please join us for the next 100 DAYS of PRAYER series, running MAY 10 – AUGUST 17, 2020.
Beyond the Habit — Reflections from the Congregation of St. Joseph during pandemic
- Beyond the Habit is a blog written by Sisters and Associates of the Congregation of St. Joseph, a religious community of over 500 vowed Catholic women and 500 lay associates who live and minister in the U.S. and around the world. We aim to use this blog to share our mission and our love for God and creation.
Staying Connected in this Uncertain Time – Reflections from St. Joseph Spiritual Ministries
As we carry on at St. Joseph Spiritual Ministries in remote locations, we are taking some contemplative time to reflect on a favorite Scripture passage that has held meaning for us in past difficulties and what it may be saying or inviting us to look at in new ways during this global crisis. View our weekly reflections below.