News & Events
Learn about Justice in El SalvadorYou are invited to join
Tutela Legal Doctora Maria Julia Hernandez
Lawyer Alejandro Diaz and Executive Director of SHARE El Salvador Jose Artiga
at CSJ Boston Motherhouse on Friday, November 13, 2015 at 6:30 pm
Tutela Legal Doctora Maria Julia Hernandez works for truth, justice, and reparations around human rights violations in El Salvador. Their current projects include:
- Advocating for release of the victims of human rights violations files locked by the Archbishop of San Salvador.
- Accompanying victims and relatives of the victims since the 1980s with research and case presentation at the national and international level.
- Obtaining justice for the murder of Archbishop Oscar Romero. Tutela Legal Doctora Maria Julia Hernandez is working on the reactivation, at the national and international level, of the case of the assassination of Archbishop Oscar Arnulfo Romero, Archbishop of San Salvador, who was murdered by a death squad on March 24, 1980.
Goals of the Tour
- Raise awareness around the ongoing impact of human rights violations during the war, especially forced disappearance, murder and massacres of civilians, and the locking of the files of the victims of the war by the Archbishop of San Salvador.
- Support the new Tutela Legal Doctora Maria Julia Hernandez’s work for truth, justice and reparations, and raise funds to support this work.
- Volunteer to be part of a human rights network of support.
This presentation is part of a five city tour to Washington, DC, Philadelphia, New York, Boston, and San Francisco.